Views
Helpful
Replies

Way to forward other lines on phone besides line 1

Knightvoice_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there a way to forward other lines on a phone (say line 2) from the phone itself or does the forwarded line always need to be the first line.

Thanks!

Chris

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

Currently Cfwdall is only supported for Line 1 on the phone as you have discovered. The only method available to Cfwdall Line 2 to 6 is to do it from ccmadmin or the ccmuser web access page. This restriction is applicable to all CCM Versions from 3.x to 7.x as far as I know.

There is also a third party product called that will do what you want;

IPPhone callForwarder

This new version brings to the user the ability of defining and setting the call forwards from the IP Phone. When selecting the IP Phone callForwarder service, a menu with all available lines will appear. After selecting the line the user wishes to set the forward on, a new menu containing the forward definitions will show on screen. Only those forwarding parameters definied by the Administrator will be displayed. These parameters will show the actual forward destination. The user can then set any of these callForwards.

From this good link;

http://www.myvoipsource.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=85

There is a feature/bug request open for this problem CSCdr03425. This bug is still outstanding:(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks once again Rob

Chris, you are always welcome my friend!

Cheers! Have a great weekend.

Rob

BTW- I won't be able to use that tool. I am running CM 4.1.3 But it is good to know in case we upgrade soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: