encapsulation ppp

ip tcp header-compression

no ip mroute-cache

async mode interactive

peer default ip address pool dialin_pool

ppp max-bad-auth 2

ppp authentication pap chap

group-range 1/00 3/107

I dont know why this is configured on the GW. What is this interface?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

The interface Group-Async0 is used for example, for modems. Sometimes the AS5400 can be configured to accept calls from both Async and ISDN users and that's when you use this type of config.

You can check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/univgate/ps505/products_configuration_example09186a0080094a49.shtml

Hope this answers your question, if so, please rate!

Tere :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

The interface Group-Async0 is used for example, for modems. Sometimes the AS5400 can be configured to accept calls from both Async and ISDN users and that's when you use this type of config.

You can check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/univgate/ps505/products_configuration_example09186a0080094a49.shtml

Hope this answers your question, if so, please rate!

Tere :)

Thanks that was very useful.

Now, I want to erase all the async interface at once, how can I accomplish this?

Thanks.

The Async interfaces are virtual and they can be associated with a physical modem just as you have done with the

group range command. The Asyn0 is created by default. I will not recommend to delete the interface group-async 0,

because all the async interfaces in a brand new box should be grouped under "group-async0". That's the whole purpose of

group-async 0.

But for the other interfaces that you are not using you can do a "no interface group-asyncX". Sometimes whe you delete the

"0" there are a bunch of interfaces created one for each modem. To avoid this you should use the group range command to

associate them with one interface only and delete the rest.

HTH

Tere.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: