cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

denying local calling for phones

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I have a customer that wants to only permit internal only calls to a few phones. This was a surprise to me since I had asked this up front, and the answer was no. So I built a very simple CSS/Partition structure, as simple as it could be. Now, they tell me that they want to have a few phones limited to internal only, like 5 of them out of 200. Im thinking that Im going to have to redo all of that (CSS, Partitions, what phones belong to what partition). Is that right, OR is there another way to JUST block the 5 phones from calling out?

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

You will only need to assign a CSS that does not reach the LD Route Pattern partition to those 5 phones.

HTH

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Yeah, thats the thing, I have those setup already for a per-location plan. Because I made this as simple as can be, creating another CSS and adding internal phones will also include route patterns that are already a part of the same partition/CSS.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

It shouldn't be a complete overhaul here :) If you create a new CSS that does not contain access to the External calling Partitions and then assign this new CSS to the 5 phones you should be good to go!

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Tere, you have beat my hopeless typing skills once again ;-)

Hi,

'Calling out'...calling out to PSTN through gateway? Or calling out to others.

If calling out to PSTN through gateway this post will help:

You can do it by blocking incoming calling numbers at voice gateway.

Follow the link:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbee032

If calling out to others, sorry to say you have no option left without CSS/partition :)

HTH.

Please rate if helpful.

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response. I had to travel back home today and Im just now getting around to this again. Yes, the external route patterns are a part of the same partitions as the phones already. I didnt want this to be complicated because Im handing this over to someone who doesnt know anything about VoIP in the end. But, now that this has come up, Im thinking Im going to have to do a complete overhaul on it, meaning creating partitions/CSS the way I should have in the beginning. Any other way to do this through a router pattern block or something?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: