cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of VM messages, Set up of...

Erik Townsend
Level 1
Level 1

Current set up: 4.5bSR10 is the Windows Operating System version and the 4.2.3 is the application Callmanager version. Callmanagers are currently 4.1.3sr6.

I would like to set some people up so that only 10 voice mail messages. How do you do this?

3 Replies 3

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Do you want to set up mailbox limits on these people's account so they can only have up to 10 voicemail messages?

If so, I've attached a link explaining how to set up mailbox limits in Unity/Exchange:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/maintenance/guide/ex/mg_0300.html#wp1074589

Hope this helps..

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

So you want to limit the number of voicemails a user receives? Are you using Unity? I don't think this is possible, the only thing you can limit is the size of a user's mailbox and the number of seconds the VM can last. So suppose you check how many bytes a 1 min VM occupies and limit the mailbox space to Xx10 kbytes and the user's CoS to a maximum recording length of 1 min. This can limit the user to receive max 10 1 min VMs. However, the callers can leave 30 sec or 20 sec VMs so the user will receive more. It's all dependent on the amount of mailbox.

No feature can limit the user to receive only 10 VMs at a time.

HTH.

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

as it has been said you do not get to say "you're going to only have x VMs" since this is related to the allocated space in Exchange. if you're willing to do it that way (cuz there is no other) look at this doc and just do the math

How Codecs Affect the File Size of Voice Messages

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudg030.html#wp1068205

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: