cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio streaming using DMS

lyuan
Level 4
Level 4

I have a large financial shop who wants to do audio streaming, ie bloomberg audio feeds to their clients. Do you think the DMS solution would be a fit here?

2nd question: Can DMS stream audio to an IP Phone? Or would one need a CUAE like application for this?

Any insight would be very well appreciated...

thankyou, Lawence

3 Replies 3

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

Are you talking about the video portal or digital signage?

The answer for the video portal is "yes" Just use a windows *.wma file codec, and have the portal listen to its URL source or mount the file on the DMM for AoD playback.

For a Digital Media Player for Digital signage, the answer would be No on the streaming in the true since of streaming audio.

The DMP will play back the following audio codecs.

Audio MPEG1 Layers 1 and 2

MPEG4 AAC Low Complexity

AC-3

DMS cannot stream video to an IP phone, there is a one to one relationship between the DMM and the Video portal. The endpoints are either the video portal or a Digital Media Player.

I was referring to video portal, but using it for audio feeds. my customer is saying they envision their brokers "dialing into some type of bloomberg audio feed", and simply listening to the braodcase via handset. I was thinking if all they needed was 1way communication for an audio broadcase, why can't they use the video portal for this solution.

what do you think? Is this a sound suggestion to my customer? This way, if they wanted other content, ie Video down the road, they would already have it cover.

TIA, Lawrence

Sure I think so. You would need an A/V vendor to listen in to the phone call with a "genter" device to record the phone call. Digitize the audio to a Windows Audio file that can easily be streamed. You could even suggest that the visual space be filled with some type of supporting visual, graphic or advertisement as the audio plays. It would work easily. It could be done live and then also be posted for "on Demand" viewing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: