Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Schema Update

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

In a Unity 5.1 installation with Exchange 2003 w/failover environment I have been told that I do not need to do an AD Schem update when an Exchange 2007 mailstore come online, just run the permissions wizard. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks in advance! All replies rated

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The schema update is for the Unity software. When you install Exchange it goes through and does its own thing to the directory with domain prep and forest prep. If it's been run once already, you shouldn't need to run it again. Someone may want to back me up on this one.

Brad

You do need to run the adschema uptate for Unity from the Unity DVD because it updates cisco properties.

Almost every version of Unity has newer schema additions.

Echange has nothing to do with this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/umexnofo/5xcuigumenofo060.html#wp1939477

hope this helps

Randy

just to add some info, the AD schema only adds properties, previous properties other versions applied remain and is still backwards compatible

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ok. So am I hearing that since we are not upgrading Unity and are just bringing on an Exchange 2007 mailstore that we don't need to run it?

If you are upgrading Exchange you might need to do the exchange schema but no the Unity only needs the Unity schema updates when you upgrade Unity.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: