cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Media player....

omgjames1
Level 1
Level 1

I cann hear voicemail messages in Windows Media Player, I can hear mp3's but i cannot hear voicemails. I went into the OLK file and deleted all the vociemail "files" thinking that might do the trick, but it did not. I also tried reinstalling MP, but that didnt work either.

Any thoughts?

-James

8 Replies 8

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Not sure what you mean? What is the difference between voicemail messages and voicemail?

Randy

nothing i jsu forgot to include messages.

-J

J so you say you can hear and you can't hear.

Need help understanding. I have tested and it is working on my machine.

Randy

cannot hear voicemail messages in Windows Media Player, I can hear mp3's but i cannot hear voicemails messages. I went into the OLK file and deleted all the vociemail "files" thinking that might do the trick, but it did not. I also tried reinstalling MP, but that didnt work either.

Make sure you can play .wav files with the WMP also check the codec you are using, probably you are using G.729 for the messages and your Media Player does not support it unless you install it.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

What I mean is that Windows Media Player does not come with the G.729 codec by default which is probably why you can not listen to the Wav files using Windows Media Player, but you can using the IP phone. Cisco IP phones support both G.711 and G.729 Codecs.

Check this link for more info about WMP and codecs:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/codec.mspx

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

all 124 users can hear it through Windows media player though, ill give it a shot and let you guys know.

-J

does anybody have a link to dl the codec?

-J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: