cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certification Exam: ICSP, do you have any tips?

Hello,
I am considering on taking the certification exam to get an ICSP (http://training.ironport.com/ICSP.html).
Do you know how difficult is it?
what kind of questions can be presented?
Are there test exams somewhere to be downloaded?
and most important, how much it cost?
should I take first ICSA? or can I skip it?
the exam is on-line, isn't? how long does it take to complete?
I already took the 2 days user's training as well as the one day advance training.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

3 Replies 3

You can go straight to ICSP, no need to do ICSA first. Take it online for USD 50 at http://ibt.prometric.com/ironport. If you have done all 3 days of the C series training, take a look through your notes (or keep them to hand, it's open book!) and you'll be fine. There are 53 questions, you get 1 hour to complete it. You should ensure you are especially happy with LDAP configuration, the order of processing through the pipeline and where certain configuration parameters are applied (i.e. is it in HAT, RAT, content filters etc). All questions are multiple choice, and there are no simulations

japan_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I am thinking about taking the CICSA exam. Unfortunately I haven't attended any courses, but I do have some experience in implemented (have installed about 10 machines, clustered as well), and we do have a working machine at our premises.

Has anyone taken this exam? How hard is it? Will my working experience and the documentation be enough, or do I need some classroom training as well?

Thank you

corbih_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Your field experience and access to documentation are a great asset. However, most of the questions are based on classroom materials and it's highly recommended you attend a class before taking the exam

best regards
Charles

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: