Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch 3750

Davy Ad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please advice or informe me on what technology or how to prevent fail-Over on Catalyst Switch 3750 used at distribution layer (Router on Stick) for VLAN in the Topology. I had HSRP already at Core Layer.

R1 R2

\(HSRP)/

|

SW

|

|

FW-------DMZ

|

|

SW (3750)

/ | \

SW1 SW2 SW3>(LAN 2950G)

7 Replies 7

mlitka
Level 2
Level 2

Purchase another 3750 and stack them. Then use cross-stack Etherchannel to aggregate your access layer switches and provide active/active redundancy.

Thanks,Please could you send me links oh how to do this or if you have any Diagram or explanation you could send along .

DAK

Hi,

I've attached a link for this which you may find useful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html#wp1389988

It explains the Etherchannel failover for the 3750, including diagrams.

Please rate useful posts..

Thanks

I would like to know if Switch Stacks alone would be okay to prevent Single point of failure for distribution layer Switches. By having another cat SW3750 as you said before.

Not sure what your other concerns are here. A 3750 switch stack that is connected using redundant links using cross-stack etherchannel would mitigate against a single point of failure.

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks

I am thinking of any failure that amy occur, be it from physical layer or power failure.

I would be glad if you can send any link or information along

Thanks

I am thinking of any failure that amy occur, be it from physical layer or power failure.

I would be glad if you can send any link or information along

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: