Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN tunnels with different metrics on Cisco Pix 515E

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

I have an Pix 515E with 6 interfaces.

One of the interfaces has a T-1 router connected to it, and has the public IP x.x.x.x

One of the interfaces has another T-1 router connected to it (from another ISP) and has the public IP y.y.y.y

I have a remote location with a single T-1 and a ASA 5520, the ASA has public IP z.z.z.z

How can I specify 2 VPN tunnels for the same destination networks between the PIX & ASA, so that the VPN tunnel would fail over if one of the T-1s on the Pix decide to fail?

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

I think you can specify 2 vpn tunnels for the same destination network between the PIX and the ASA.PIX firewalls are placed at two different sites. In case of a failure to reach the primary path, it is desirable to kick off the tunnel through a redundant link. IPsec is a combination of open standards that provide data confidentiality, data integrity, and data origin authentication between IPsec peers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: