Views
Helpful
Replies

Wait Time Calculation - CSQ

daljeetsingh1_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I want to calculate caller time for every call. It shouldnt be queue time, but caller time instead and based on that i need to route the call(if greater than 120 secs) than give caller option for VM.

IF < 120 secs, put the call back in queue.

I am using "Get reporting Stat" node.

and under that i am selecting

Report Object -- CSQ IPCC Express

Field - I have tried almost all of them

Storing the result in Int variable.

System is always checking the wait time of the queue, but not the caller.

How can i check the wait time of the caller? Please advise.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the intQueueTime is just a varaible, it's initally 0, as you go through the look it increments by 1, then when it reaches 120 seconds the timer is 4, look at the logic I provided and notice the increment step.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can track the time by look counters, so assume your queue logic looks like this:

queue

play prompt (10 sec long)

hold

wait 30 sec

unhold

goto queue

you can create a new varaible intQueueTime, and change your logic to following

queue

if intQueueTime >= 4 then

goto VM

else

play prompt (10 sec long)

hold

wait 30 sec

unhold

increment intQueueTime

goto queue

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

But how will i calculate the first wait time? i mean intQueuetime? isnt it by Get reporting stats?

How intQueuetime will check first If i.e "if intQueueTime >= 4 then" shall i pass it in value?,? and forget about calculate the system wait time using Get Reporting Stat node? any inputs?

the intQueueTime is just a varaible, it's initally 0, as you go through the look it increments by 1, then when it reaches 120 seconds the timer is 4, look at the logic I provided and notice the increment step.

Chris

Yeah sounds good, lemme give it a try tomorrow morning and will give you the feedback.

One more thing, after calculating intQueueueTime variable, say for 3 times if its greater than 3 than send to VM.

When i send this to VM, if timed out i have goto to go to hold music.... i am using the menu node, and menu option is very annoying when it times out or unsuccessfull it says "are u still there" or "please try again" and than play the prompt of the menu node, although i have mentioned time out input as '0', it go to the menu prompt twice,and then executes goto step.

Any thoughts on this? or shall i use some other node? though i know very less of get digit string, i believe get digit string will help me.., if i use get digit string step. than can you help me in making the logic out of it.

I will appreciate..

To elimiate the annoying retry prompt, on the menu step under Input tab chnage the Max Retries setting to 0, this way it will not play the prompt.

Get digits step behaves the same way.

Chris

I've tried putting 0, but it behaves the same way. any thoughts?. Also if i want menu to be played three times atleast than what to do?

To play it 3 times create your own logic with loop, i.e.

LOOP

if intCounter > 3

true

goto VM

false

menu

1. xxxx

2. xxxx

timout/unsuccessful

increment intCounter

goto LOOP

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: