Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor card status light - urgent

qwertys21
Level 1
Level 1

t

i have just reinserted a standby supervisor card into a cat 6509 after upgrading the RAMfromn 128 to 51M2 and the status light keeps going from green to red. help. Its not being recognised under show module

What do i do?

8 Replies 8

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It seems you've missed a step or you have wrong/faulty memory. It's hard to troubleshoot this urgent matters online, why not calling Cisco TAC?

__

Edison.

Thaanks Edison

They are new ones. I put them in at first and they were still reading 128M but it came back up alright which is strange as they are 512M RAM. So i removed it and reinserted it properly and now I have the status and power mgmt light going from green to red and then to green continuosly, do u think the RAM has been damaged? Can the sup card be damaged already as I have to remove it twice?

Its been doig this now for 30mins

Pls help.

Can you remove the RAM and make sure it still functions normally in it's original condition?

i will try thayt now

Its doing the same thing.

If it's doing the same thing when you put everything back in it's original state, it could me a couple of things. First are you absolutely sure that everything is seated properly, fully inserted, etc? Assuming it is, something may have happened to the board which is causing it to malfunction. I would really suggest opening a TAC case.

Thanks. I have. I have a spare sup card. Do i just place it in and it will download d config from the active?

Yes I believe it will. Make sure you have your active runnning configuration saved however, just in case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: