cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

codec issue in conferencing

mohamedrishin
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sites using g.729 within sites, but when I used g.729 between sites it didn't support conferencing telling not enough resources.

Can anyone suggest me a solution for this

14 Replies 14

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can u post the result of

show diag

show dsp voice

show run

hi

currently i dont have the access, is this info enough?

site A 2821:

PVDM Slot 0 = 32-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card

PVDM Slot 1 = 32-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card

site B 2811:

PVDM Slot 0 = 16-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card

site C 2811:

PVDM Slot 1 = 16-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using software or hardware conferecing? Software conferencing supports only G711 codec so you would need transcoders in place to use software conferences. If you are using hardware conference brifges please post your configuration and ensure they are registered in CM or CME and if CM belong appropriate MRG/MGRL/DP.

Chris

i am using software conferencing. do i have to use hardware conferencing for having conferencing between the sites using g.729 codec.

is there any way by which i can use g.711 and have 20 calls atleast at the same time for a 1Mbps line, means by reducing the bandwidth taken or something like that.

thanks for the reply in advance

Hardware conferecing with PVDM2 will allow you to only have 8 participants in a single conference session. If you desire more than that you will need to use software conference bridge, to utilize G729 you will need transcoders at the head end site.

Chris

these are the PVDM used in three sites and we have

4fxo, 1 E1 in site A

1 E1 each in site B and site C

site A 2821:

PVDM Slot 0 = 32-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card

PVDM Slot 1 = 32-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card

site B 2811:

site C 2811:

PVDM Slot 1 = 16-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card

what do u prefer, i should be doing for having g729 between sites and conferencing between these sites?

thanks

Are you using CallManager or CallManager Express? I will assume CallManager as CME would not let you have 20 parites in a single conference.

So, which site is the CM CFB server at? If you want to send G729 stream across the WAN you will need Xcoders at the site where CM CFB server is located so that it can invoke it.

Chris

we are using CMBE6.1 and the server is at site A

so i should be creating a hardware conference bridge or transcoder

thanks

If you want to have more than 8 participants in a single confernece session you will need to use software bridge and will need to configure xcoders if G729 connections are desired.

If all you need is up to 8 participants in a conference session than hardware bridge is what you want to create.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

so i will be creating hardware CB, one or three?

with the PVDM at main site or with all PVDMs?

any other things to notice?

so it will allow conf with g.729 rite?

do i have to do any channel allocation or anything like that?

i think this reply will solve my case..thanks for the help

ya i will rate it..thanks

can u just reply with what i have to do actually??

thanks again in advance

You can create as many conference sessions as you have available PVDMs, when you go to configure it and type in "max sessions ?" the router will show you the available number.

I would create sepereate bridge at each site, so this way depending who initates the conference it will use local bridge. You do this by assigning MRGL to local Device Pools in CallManager.

Route takes care of the channel allocation for you.

Chris

thanks for these quick replies

rite now my doubts are cleared, thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: