Unreachable Devices in Device Discovery are truley Unreachable

Unanswered Question
Oct 19th, 2008
User Badges:


We are running Common Services 3.1.1. When I do a device discovery, I get several (~80) devices that show as unreachable.

In checking out the list, I find that all of the devices are not in my network.

How do I remove these devices so that the Device Discovery does not show them?



  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Sun, 10/19/2008 - 08:36
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

Depends on where they come from. If they are in DCR, you simply need to delete them from Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. If, however, they are still showing up in CDP tables, ping sweeps, etc., then they must be completely removed from the network first, or filtered out in Discovery.

doug.moffat Tue, 10/21/2008 - 04:40
User Badges:

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response.

After doing a little mor digging, what I found was that an external provider was advertising most of these IP addresses into our network. We've corrected this situation, and my list of unreachables has dropped significantly.

Thanks for your help.



This Discussion