cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

user authentication

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

In an easy vpn scenario where asa is the server the following command on the asa enables user authentication behind the hardware client:user-authentication enable

Which username and password will users enter ? How and where do we configure them? (on the server or on the client)

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Kouferidji,

in the document you attached in the other thread:

You have to enter the crypto ipsec client ezvpn xauth command which prompts you for a username and

password. This should match the username and password configured on the ASA 5520. Once the username

and password is agreed by both peers, the rest of the parameters are agreed and the IPsec VPN tunnel comes

up.

EZVPN(ASA): Pending XAuth Request, Please enter the following command:

EZVPN: crypto ipsec client ezvpn xauth

!--- Enter the crypto ipsec client ezvpn xauth command.

crypto ipsec client ezvpn xauth

Enter Username and Password.: cisco

so the username/pwd is defined on ASA but the authentication becomes interactive.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello,

you are describing a hardware client authentication but that is not what i am referring to.I am talking about novice user authentication behind the hardware client.These users don't know anything and i would like to create a username/password (TO ESTABLISH VPN TUNNEL)like when authenticating in windows.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card