Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with guest accounts + web authentication

wim_depauw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a problem with one of our customers , they have 2 wireless controllers + a WCS system. We tried to configure a guest WLAN but bounced on an authentication problem . ALthough the authentication has been configured ( in the WCS) as open authentication and no radius servers are configured the controllers still send the authentication requests to the radius server.

I checked the configuration on the controller and this is similar to the WCS.

Does anybody have an idea ?

gr

wi,

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What type of guest authentication are you using? Passthrough or login and if you are using login, where are the usernames and passwords stored?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

If using login the controller first tries the controller based local database. It then will try to use the AAA server identified in the WLAN interface description. Finally, it will use the AAA server identified in the management interface description. If you choose not to do this then a workaround is to change the Web RADIUS authentication method for web auth in the controller tab of the WLC gui interface to a method not supported on your RADIUS server. For instance, set for MD5-CHAP if not supported on your ACS server.

Hi,

That is the bizar thing , the user is defined in the local user database and still he is going to the ACS database.

I checked the mgmt interface and I have no option to define a acs server.

It smells like a bug :-))

gr

wim

The one used by the management interface is the primary RADIUS setup under the security tab.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: