cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 2.6

russell.turner
Level 1
Level 1

Campus Manager display message "Please wait.... ANIServer is still initializing" I check the ani log and is missing the devices.xml. I do not know what happen to the file. What data will be lost if I reintialize the ani database?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All Campus Manager data will be lost if you reinitialize the ANI database. This includes topology and User Tracking data. However, that will not fix your problem. If you do not have a file system backup with the devices.xml file, or another server with the same version of Campus Manager, you will need to reinstall Campus Manager.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All Campus Manager data will be lost if you reinitialize the ANI database. This includes topology and User Tracking data. However, that will not fix your problem. If you do not have a file system backup with the devices.xml file, or another server with the same version of Campus Manager, you will need to reinstall Campus Manager.

Thanks Jclarke for your quick response. This morning I was able to recover the anidevices.xml and devices.xml file. Campus manager is backup and I have started data collection. I cannot understand why these two files disappeared from the cwsi directory. I am the only one that access CW and that why it is puzzling to me. Is there any other check I would need to run on the ani db for intergrity. Thanks

You can run the following command to perform an integrity check on the ANI database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/objects/db/conf/configureDb.pl action=validate dsn=ani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: