cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config archive and change audit is not running on LMS2.5

wwanjohi123
Level 1
Level 1

I am running LMS2.5, config archive and change audit is not running, the processes ar all running and i have defined SSH as the first option in transport settings, SSH Version 2 is enabled on the device and correct SNMP string too.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't understand. Are these two daemons (ChangeAudit and ConfigMgmtServer) not running, or is the config archive process not working? If the former, please post the output of the pdshow command. If the latter, what errors do you get trying to archive the configuration?

The two daemons (ChangeAudit and ConfigMgmtServer are running well. I have established that devices that are on GRE tunnels are the ones failing to archive configs on SSH, the IOS versions for all devices are the same, i have increased the SSH timeout value and retries on the device and also increased the fetch settings value to 600 seconds on Ciscoworks. When i configure Telnet it works well. Are there any restrictions to fetch configs on Tunnels using SSH protocol?

There is a bug in which SSH will fail on slow links. There are no plans to fix this bug. You would see errors about packet loss in the dcmaservice.log when ArchiveMgmt Service debugging is enabled if this were the case.

This is the error i get on the dcmaservice.log. Does it suggest packet loss? please advice.

This most likely points to SSH not running on this device, or an ACL or firewall is blocking tcp/22 to this device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: