Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Communication Error-ccm6.1.2 admin page & can't login unity admin

chialun
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

Recently i tried to change the ip address for pub,sub & unity. After changed, i can't login to ccm admin page(attached error message "Database Communication Error") but i can ping from laptop to ccm. Login to Os admin page of ccm (pub & sub) are ok. I've changed the ip address for unity 5.0 as well but can't login to it. Please advise.

Thank you very much.

7 Replies 7

arrowdawn
Level 1
Level 1

I have the very same error on CM 6.1.2.1000-13

Very interested to know the fix

Cheers

Gordon

Hi,

You have to first change the ip address of ccm in the system configaration tab in the ccmadmin page to the new desired ip...then go for the system ip change

Then login with the new IP address...plz reply if it helps

Thanks,

Hi kvsaheednetpro,

What you mean? Did i already perform what you suggested? Please advise.

thanks.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Firstly when you changed the IP address on the Publisher, did you verify whether you were able to login successfully?

When the Publisher IP address was changed did you confirm that the address was updated across the other nodes and also the Subscriber?

When the Publisher IP address was changed, it would have subsequently rebooted, did you also reboot the Subscriber after.

The same would be applicable when the IP address was changed on the Subscriber, the Publisher would then have to be rebooted.

Run the following command to determine what IP addresses are on each node in the cluster.

admin: run sql select name,nodeid from ProcessNode

name nodeid

================== ======

EnterpriseWideData 1

What is the status of the Database, post the output of 'show tech dbstate info', or verify the status via RTMT database summary if possible. Status should reflect 2 for good connection.

Rgds

Allan.

Hi,

I would strongly suggest avoid doing this at all costs, however if you do want to take the plunge see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_2/ipchange/ipchg612.html

Good Luck !!

Hi allan and everybody ,

Thank you for your advise. I've done both the graphical way and command way but seem to be no luck. For your information, this pub , sub and unity are initial setup. That's means it doesn't connected to live network. At first, i done the normal graphical way by below procedure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 From the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration window, perform the following tasks:

a. Navigate to System > Server.

b. Change the IP address of the subscriber server to reflect the new IP address.

After changed, I reboot the server and fount i can't connect to the ccm. Then i proceed to command method by console via monitor ,keyboard and mouse.

The procedure example are belows:-

Step 4 Change the IP address of the subscriber server by performing the following tasks:

a. Enter the CLI command set network ip eth0 ip_address netmask

where ip_address specifies the new server IP address and netmask specifies the new server network mask.

The following output displays:

admin: set network ip eth0 10.3.90.21 255.255.254.0

*** W A R N I N G ***

If there are IP addresses (not hostnames)

configured in CallManager Administration

under System -> Servers

then you must change the IP address there BEFORE

changing it here or call processing will fail.

This will cause the system to restart

=======================================================

Note: To recognize the new IP address all nodes within

the cluster will have to be manually rebooted.

=======================================================

Do you want to continue?

Enter "yes" to continue and restart or any other key to abort

b. Enter Yes and press Enter.

By command method, i fount i can connect to the ccm successful . (Ping test run perfectly as attached in earlier post). Then i tried to login ccm admin. It shown Database Communication Error as attached in earlier post but i can login to CCM OS ADministration page. Unity having the admin page login issue as well. Please advise.

Hi Allan,

I'll provide 'show tech dbstate info' from ccm later.

Thank you so much for helping.

No problem, if you could post the 'show tech dbstate info' that would be helpful. You can also check the replicate status information by running the following command, this is also referenced in the Changing IP Address document:-

This example shows how to check this state by using the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System command line interface (CLI):

admin: show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"

==>query class :

- Perf class (Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication)

has instances and values:

ReplicateCount -> Number of Replicates Created = 344

ReplicateCount -> Replicate_State = 2

Essentially, you are required to change the IP Address of either the Publisher or Subscriber within the CUCM Administration, if you have referenced your servers with IP address.

Once you have changed the IP address there, you are then required to change the network address via the CLI.

Please post the output of the command 'run sql select name,nodeid from ProcessNode' to verify that the subscriber and publisher show the same ip address entries.

Incidentally, when you installed the Subscriber did you add the server within the CUCM Administration before proceed with CallManager installation?

Rgds

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: