Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE redundancy tracking and failure detection

dario.didio
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have configured redundancy on a pair of ACEs, and looking now for the most approriate method of failure detection.

In the admin guide, 3 possible methodes are explained: host tracking, interface tracking and HSRP group tracking.

I don't have HSRP configured on the Supervisors in the ACEs chassis, the default gateway is on other chassis, so HSRP tracking is not an option.

The ACEs are configured in routed mode.

I have 1 VLAN with all VIPs, and 4 server VLANs.

There are 2 contexts active.

I was thinking of tracking all 5 VLAN interfaces + tracking the default gateway on client side.

Would this be a good approach?

thanks in advance for your input.

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think so (I'm no expert, but I've been working with the ACE's lately). I have generally the same setup and I track the interface only and it works well. I trunk all vlans through a single interface, so I don't have to track the gateway.

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Dario, I'm not sure if you can track more than one VLAN interface per ft group.

Are your server VLANs and VIP VLAN being trunked to your other switch?

Hi ,

The ACE supports a maximum of 4,093 VLANs per system and a maximum of 1,024 shared VLANs per system.

Alos note that the ACE supports a maximum of 8,192 interfaces per system that include VLANs, shared VLANs, and BVI interfaces.

Regards,

Sachin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: