cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transparant WAFS - 4.1

richianaj
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having some issue with sites being timed our connecting to remote file servers when CIFS AO is enabled in 4.1, the problem goes away if we disable the WAE or the CIFS AO. I'm also noticing some major slow down on my CM since upgrading. So I'm wondering if they are related. Since CIFS connections are now automatically configured and optimized, how much of this is reliant on the CM. Could by environment of 115 WAEs be overloading the CM (512 1GB mem), with all the automated CIFS setups, and could the clients be getting timed out since the CM is unable to setup the automatic CIFS connections in a timely manner. Its strange, as sometimes the connections work with a hitch, but most times they don't.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Richard,

I wouldn't focus on the CM for your CIFS issue, since it is not involved in the connection setup.

Can you tell me the exact symptoms (error messages, etc.) you are having with CIFS connections?

Thanks,

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: