Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS WCCP Double Inspection

Patrick Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

What would happen if you have two WAN routers at the a data center with WCCP setup on them to inspect traffic and traffic passes through WAN router A and then WAN router B on it way to another site? At the data center there is only one WAE. I have two remote offices that pass through our datacenter due to being on two different network providers. I am wondering if traffic is inspected twice if it would cause issues? Of course it is not optimal, but will it still work? My guess is it will cause an issue and I will need to use ACL's to deny traffic from being inspected on one of the WAN routers that pass between the two network providers?

Thanks,

Patrick

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patrick,

Without seeing a diagram, I can make some general recommendations.

1. You could add the site-site traffic into a redirect-list and avoid interception of that traffic.

2. You could move wccp back further into the DC and avoid site-site traffic althougher (you might start hitting vlan-vlan traffic instead)

3. You can let it intercept and go into bypass. I would try to not do interception on the routers between the two routers and the WAE would only see 1/2 of the traffic each way and their wouldn't be any conflicts (it would go into passthrough). It would still be optimized at the edge sites WAEs.

I hope that helps,

Dan

Thanks Dan. I think I will implement ACLs to only intercept the traffic that is to or from servers in the datacenter. Site to site traffic will not be intercepted and rely on the remote site WAEs to do their job.

Thanks again,

patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: