cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services Applet error: "No JRE found in configuration file."

jeff.hardee
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an issue with IE7 and opening up Topology Services? Or can someone guide me in fixing this error message?

I'm using LMS 3.1 and had uninstalled all of my Java versions and installed jre-6u5-windows-i586-p_withjacorb.exe on my client. However, when I clicked the Topology Services link I would get the Java splash window for a bit and then nothing happened (the next two applet windows wouldn't load).

When I tried to launch Topology Services from another box using IE6, everything worked fine. I tried the same steps above on another box with IE 7 and that worked fine too.

So I tried a few installs and uninstalls of different Java versions and found that if the version was other than 6_5, I'd get the Java splash screen with the first applet window telling me I had the wrong version. When I'd uninstall all Java versions again, reboot, then install the correct Java version, I wouldn't get anything past the first Java splash screen. After a few attempts at this, I now receive the following error when I click on Topology Services, "Bad installation. No JRE found in configuration file."

How can I get to this configuration file on my client to let it know that I do indeed have the right version of Java on my box?

--Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus 5.1 works just fine with IE 7.0 and JRE 1.6.0_5. It sounds like this particular client may be in bad shape. Typically, I recommend one uninstall all versions of Java from a client, reboot, then install the one version that comes with LMS. I also recommend that for IE, one adds the LMS server as a Trusted Site in IE. You might also try disabling anti-virus software temporarily to see if that helps.

For Campus 5.1, you will also need to open TCP ports 42342 and 43242 from client to server.

It may be that this client is in such bad shape that it will need to be rebuilt to get Java working correctly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus 5.1 works just fine with IE 7.0 and JRE 1.6.0_5. It sounds like this particular client may be in bad shape. Typically, I recommend one uninstall all versions of Java from a client, reboot, then install the one version that comes with LMS. I also recommend that for IE, one adds the LMS server as a Trusted Site in IE. You might also try disabling anti-virus software temporarily to see if that helps.

For Campus 5.1, you will also need to open TCP ports 42342 and 43242 from client to server.

It may be that this client is in such bad shape that it will need to be rebuilt to get Java working correctly.

Well, it was a clean install of Vista so I didn't need to rebuild it. What I did do was delete my profile and had a new one created on next login. That fixed the issue.

Hi,

we have a client that uses windows vista to access to Topology Services. He already tryed to install different java versions, but couldn't put it working anyway. We use LMS 3.1.

JRE Version:1.6.0_17
ERROR ClientUICache: Image not found(1), fileName = fatalerror_32.gif

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: