cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

easy question for the pros!!!!

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

can any one explain to me what this mean, I am trying to learn about the config on Voice gtwy...line by line if possible , Thanks

service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime show-timezone

service timestamps log datetime msec localtime

!

logging buffered 1000000 debugging

!

!

aaa authentication login Remote group radius enable

!

aaa session-id common

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ocporbust,

instructs the router to use for the debug messages timestamps that contain the datetime (other option is uptime) with millisecond resolution using the local-time (GMT is default) and showing the timezone name.

instructs the router to use for the log messages timestamps that contain the datetime (other option is uptime) with millisecond resolution using the local-time (GMT is default)

instructs the router to create a local text buffer of 1000000 chars and to log messages up to debug level (= all possible messages)

you can see the buffer with sh log

in aaa new-model creates an ordered list of authentication methods to be used for the login called Remote: the method is the group of radius servers defined on the router

aaa session-id common

to use a single session id for AAA = authentication authorization and accounting

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ocporbust,

instructs the router to use for the debug messages timestamps that contain the datetime (other option is uptime) with millisecond resolution using the local-time (GMT is default) and showing the timezone name.

instructs the router to use for the log messages timestamps that contain the datetime (other option is uptime) with millisecond resolution using the local-time (GMT is default)

instructs the router to create a local text buffer of 1000000 chars and to log messages up to debug level (= all possible messages)

you can see the buffer with sh log

in aaa new-model creates an ordered list of authentication methods to be used for the login called Remote: the method is the group of radius servers defined on the router

aaa session-id common

to use a single session id for AAA = authentication authorization and accounting

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Man Thank you, I figured out that is the only way I am going to learn @ work , can I submit a config of a router ( small config ) and you can help on translating what you can from it.. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco