UCM 6.1.2 Pub and Sub.
Planning on migrating to new hardware. I'm assuming is the usual, but I thought I'd check with y'all for good measure:
1) Order new hardware and migration kit
2) SFTP backup of Publisher
3) Install w/the migration kit media (never seen it..assuming it's just the disks)
4) Follow the wizard - using EXACT computer names and IP Addresses
5) At some point it will probably prompt me to SFTP any updates, SRs that have been put on the existing so we match
6) At some point it will prompt to SFTP the backup to restore.
7) Do the same w/the Sub...but no SFTP backup to restore
8) Unplug old servers from network..introduce new ones...watch phones freak out for a while...test
If there are any caveats or weird steps, please advise. I've not yet done a new hardware w/6.x. I'm anticipating 8-12 hours total, depending upon database size.