Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 6.x - New Hardware Replacement

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

UCM 6.1.2 Pub and Sub.

Planning on migrating to new hardware. I'm assuming is the usual, but I thought I'd check with y'all for good measure:

1) Order new hardware and migration kit

2) SFTP backup of Publisher

3) Install w/the migration kit media (never seen it..assuming it's just the disks)

4) Follow the wizard - using EXACT computer names and IP Addresses

5) At some point it will probably prompt me to SFTP any updates, SRs that have been put on the existing so we match

6) At some point it will prompt to SFTP the backup to restore.

7) Do the same w/the Sub...but no SFTP backup to restore

8) Unplug old servers from network..introduce new ones...watch phones freak out for a while...test

If there are any caveats or weird steps, please advise. I've not yet done a new hardware w/6.x. I'm anticipating 8-12 hours total, depending upon database size.

Cheers!

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you upgrading from windows based CM or simply replace the hardware for CM 6.1?

If you are just replacing the hardware you will need to work with Cisco licensing team to convert the license files as those are tied to the Publisher MAC address, also you would not perform the restore from backup during the install, that is only for restorting from DMA. You will want to install CM and then go to DRS to restore from backup.

HTH,

Chris

This is just replacing new hardware. Good call on licencing...I forgot about that.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: