Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS7816H3 RAID 1

marenl01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a MCS7816H3 with a Celeron CPU 3.20 Ghz and 2 giga RAM.Is there a way to get two disks mirrored with CUCM 6.1.2?

I figured out that CUCM 6.1.2 doesn't support the built-in SATA RAID controller , but isn't software RAID supporter either?

The initial install on the platform install CD just finds one drive.

It doesn't matter if I pull out the first disk and boot or pull out the second and boot or with both disks installed, the initial install just finds one drive.

Any suggestions

Best regards marenl01

3 Replies 3

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Before you install CUCM, did you use the CD to prepare the server, normally it ask you the raid configuration and then you choose operating system as linux.

cheers

Ikram

Hi mikram!

Thanks for the quick response!

Do you mean that I should use the 6.1.2 "System installation DVD" to prepare the server? In that case how? When I boot with the "System installation DVD" the initial install just ask if I want to "Perform a media check", then it scans for "harddisk sanity" and checks for one disk and doesn't ask anything about "RAID" or "Operating System". (Both disk are emtpy and found by the BIOS, 160 gig Seagate)

Regards marenl01

Hi!

Doesn't anybody have this problem? Noone running RAID1 on an MCS7816 with CUCM 6.1.2?

Regards marenl01

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: