Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 with 3rd party application

Peter Valdes
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Has (is) anyone using LMS 3.0 or 3.1 currently running another 3rd party application integrated with LMS?

It doesn't have to be 3rd party and could be a Cisco application as well, such as Cisco Digital Video System (if possible) and Cisco ACS (possible)?

The reason for this question is I want to know what apps out there are capable of combining with CiscoWorks LMS to provide other services.

Thanks

Peter

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS can integrate with ACS (in which ACS provides LMS with authentication and authorization services), other NMS applications such as CSM and CUOM, and even third party NMSes such as HPOV NNM and Tivoli NetView. The integration with third party NMSes allows LMS to import devices from these NMSes. The integration package also provides MIBs, symbols, and bitmaps so that the NMS can display Cisco devices with Cisco icons, and display translated Cisco traps.

Hi jclarke,

Thanks for the reply. Apart from CiscoWorks, HP and IBM, is there other 3rd party that you or anyone know of that can be integrated with LMS. I just want to see whats out there that may be useful. Looking at cisco.com, other forums or google.com, not much results apart from what has been mentioned.

HP pretty much does what LMS is doing, same with IBM Tivoli NetView. We don't what to overlap a package capabilities with the same as what LMS provides.

Thanks

The third part NMSes which can integrate with LMS are Aprisma Spectrum, HPOV NNM, Tivoli Netview, Hitachi NNM, CA Unicenter, and Fujitsu System Walker. These are the applications for which we ship an integration adapter. There may be other applications out there which tie into LMS via our DEE interfaces, but I am not aware of any.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: