External DHCP and WLC 2106

Answered Question
Oct 21st, 2008

Hello,

I have built a wireless network based on one WLC 2106 and 5 LIghweight AP 1121G. Each AP have multiple ssid in separate vlans.

I have succeeded to associate the 5 AP to controller and I have configured them with multiple SSID in différent VLAN (each WLAN is associated with virtual interfaces in the appropriate VLAN).

The problem is that a wireless client can't get his IP address from the externel DHCP wich is in the same VLAN of the WLAN. And when confiured it with static IP it works perfectly.

Can you help please and thank you very much.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jeff.kish about 8 years 1 month ago

Hi Nizar,

The controller intercepts all broadcast traffic, so you must configure your DHCP server within your controller in order to allow your clients to receive DHCP.

Using the GUI, go to Controller -> Interfaces. Click on the interface you're using for your SSID. Enter your DHCP server here.

Let me know if your problem persists and we can explore what else might be wrong.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
jeff.kish Tue, 10/21/2008 - 07:34

Hi Nizar,

The controller intercepts all broadcast traffic, so you must configure your DHCP server within your controller in order to allow your clients to receive DHCP.

Using the GUI, go to Controller -> Interfaces. Click on the interface you're using for your SSID. Enter your DHCP server here.

Let me know if your problem persists and we can explore what else might be wrong.

nizar.houichi Tue, 10/21/2008 - 23:31

Thank you very much. Realy Mr Jef you are very kindly. The wireless netork works perfectly now with DHCP.

Actions

This Discussion