Views
Helpful
Replies

RESTORE BACKUP IN LMS 2.6

vaibhav-g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends

plse let me know how to restore backup for LMS 2.6.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shutdown the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, then run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl -d /path/to/backup

If there is a generation number, you also need to specify "-gen NUMBER". For example, on Windows:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\backups

Solaris:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/restorebackup.pl -d /backups/lms

View solution in original post

This backup procedure works for all applications except IPM. For IPM, you will need to run the "ipm dbrestore" command.

PROGRA~1 is the DOS 8.3 abbreviation for "Program Files". You should always use the 8.3 path names when working with LMS on Windows. C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx is the default location where LMS is installed on Windows. The example commands I posted are complete commands. You would only need to adjust them for the paths used on your server.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shutdown the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, then run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl -d /path/to/backup

If there is a generation number, you also need to specify "-gen NUMBER". For example, on Windows:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\backups

Solaris:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/restorebackup.pl -d /backups/lms

Hi

this solution is applicable for all LMS versions.plse mention the backup procedure also.

plse re-write this command more clearlly.

PROGRA~1 WHAT DOES THIS MEAN,PLSE SPECIFY FULL COMMAND.

Regards

Vaibhav

This backup procedure works for all applications except IPM. For IPM, you will need to run the "ipm dbrestore" command.

PROGRA~1 is the DOS 8.3 abbreviation for "Program Files". You should always use the 8.3 path names when working with LMS on Windows. C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx is the default location where LMS is installed on Windows. The example commands I posted are complete commands. You would only need to adjust them for the paths used on your server.

Thanks a lot for all those information.

plse let me know the exact procedure for backup in LMS 2.6.

Regards

Vaibhav

The backups can be taken through the GUI under Common Services > Server > ADmin > Backup.

Thanks a lot...

i have dine the same it works..

Thank you so much.

Regards

Vaibhav