Views
Helpful
Replies

RESTORE BACKUP IN LMS 2.6

vaibhav-g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends

plse let me know how to restore backup for LMS 2.6.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shutdown the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, then run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl -d /path/to/backup

If there is a generation number, you also need to specify "-gen NUMBER". For example, on Windows:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\backups

Solaris:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/restorebackup.pl -d /backups/lms

View solution in original post

This backup procedure works for all applications except IPM. For IPM, you will need to run the "ipm dbrestore" command.

PROGRA~1 is the DOS 8.3 abbreviation for "Program Files". You should always use the 8.3 path names when working with LMS on Windows. C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx is the default location where LMS is installed on Windows. The example commands I posted are complete commands. You would only need to adjust them for the paths used on your server.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shutdown the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, then run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl -d /path/to/backup

If there is a generation number, you also need to specify "-gen NUMBER". For example, on Windows:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\backups

Solaris:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/restorebackup.pl -d /backups/lms

Hi

this solution is applicable for all LMS versions.plse mention the backup procedure also.

plse re-write this command more clearlly.

PROGRA~1 WHAT DOES THIS MEAN,PLSE SPECIFY FULL COMMAND.

Regards

Vaibhav

This backup procedure works for all applications except IPM. For IPM, you will need to run the "ipm dbrestore" command.

PROGRA~1 is the DOS 8.3 abbreviation for "Program Files". You should always use the 8.3 path names when working with LMS on Windows. C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx is the default location where LMS is installed on Windows. The example commands I posted are complete commands. You would only need to adjust them for the paths used on your server.

Thanks a lot for all those information.

plse let me know the exact procedure for backup in LMS 2.6.

Regards

Vaibhav

The backups can be taken through the GUI under Common Services > Server > ADmin > Backup.

Thanks a lot...

i have dine the same it works..

Thank you so much.

Regards

Vaibhav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: