cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWLMS IP Phones discovery

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CWLMS2.6, It discovers IP Phones as hosts. Switches are 3560, ports are in access mode plus voice vlan. Is there any package for CUCM 6.x ?

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, yes! We just release the latest IDU for LMS 2.6, and this adds support for CUCM 5.x and higher. You will need to go to Common Services > Software Center > Software Update and download the Campus Manager 4.0.12 service pack. Then, you will need to run a new Campus Data Collection followed by a UT acquisition to get your IP phones.

Thank tou very much

I'll try it asap

Kind Regards

Guy

Hi,

i've applied the patch

- Common Services 3.0.6

- CiscoView 6.1.5

- RME 4.0.6

- Campus Manager 4.0.12

- DFM 2.0.10

I can't see IP Phones, and when I click on CUCM on Campus Manager I obtain

Can't find applicable device package for 172.17.1.1.

Cause

Device package for this device type is not installed or device support for this device type might not be available or you are attempting to open a component inside a device.

Action

Please install a device package for the device type or open the parent device to manage the component.

What is missing ?

This error comes from CiscoView, and has no bearing on the problem at hand. CiscoView doesn't support Call Managers. How does this CCM appear on the topology map? Please post a screenshot.

Hi,

Finally, it discovered the IP Phones. The 3 CUCM appear in Campus Manager but not considered as a Cluster.

Some Ip Phones are related as unregistred with secondary CUCM ip address and its not true ?? why ??

CWLMS is a LAN management solution. Is there any doc to see what it really does on IP telephony ? Can I try Voice path tracking ? I can't find how to configure the CUCM as a cluster.

The phones will show up as unregistered to the secondary since they are. UT simply polls the ccmPhoneTable on all CCMs, and matches the MAC addresses of the phones to entries in the table. It then reports all the information it gets.

If you want to do more voice management, you should consider getting the Cisco Unified Operations Manager application. It is part of the CiscoWorks line, but focuses on IP telephony exclusively. It even understands CUCM clustering.

With LMS, you can do voice path tracing using the Path Analysis application in Campus Manager. PA is documented at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_campus_manager/4.0.6/user/guide/path.html .

Will this be available for the LMS 3.1?

Thanks

LMS 3.1 is already available. I'm not sure what features you're asking for.

Hi and thanks for all.

In campus Manager I can see reference to CUCM cluster to collect CDR to make path tracking.

Where is the cluster defined in LMS, the 3 CUCM are seen independantly so some information may be wrong such as an IP Phone unregistred on secondary. Or do you mean Operation manager is mandatory to do that ?

Guy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: