Creating Network NAT pools

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2008

We are about to connect some newly acquired facilities to our corporate WAN. We have found out they are using public address space for their facilities. We are going to move them to a part of the private space we use but it will probably not happen before the connection is up.

I figure the best plan is to NAT their addresses until they are converted. I have used static or dynamic NATs in the past but was told there is a way to NAT netoworks so that say .1 on one network always NATs to .1 on a different network. I have also been told that this can be in existance at the same time as adding the new network as a secondary to their existing public network and simplify the transition.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Are there any items that I need to be aware of or watch out for? Since I am connecting to their hub locations, can I utilize individual NATs for the individual locations or does it have to be a single nat?

I am just getting started on the Network NAT research so any help is appreciated.

Brent

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion