cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 Sup Failover (how do i failover for testing)?

vtra
Level 1
Level 1

what is the command for failing over the sup? and can i set the time it takes for failover?

thanks

2 Replies 2

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

redundancy force-switchover will force the switch to fail over the supervisor. I am not sure what you are asking about setting the time - do you mean scheduling the failover - failver in 10 mins sort of thing? If so I don't believe you can do that.

Further to the good information by Paul, the failover duration depends on the supervisor and the mode of redundancy that has been configured, it cannot be predetermined:-

Take a moment to read through the following document, it discusses the various redundancy modes of operation and failover duration:-

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc21d25

Command to initate a failover:-

'redundancy force-switchover' or

'reset ' on the active Supervisor.

Hope this helps..

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card