cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upload prompt authentication step times out half the time

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I have a script that uploads prompts to the repository for HA prompt redundancy when prompts get updated. About half the time the script step where it authenticates the user for uploading prompt times out and causes the script to fail. Any ideas on how to work around this. Increase some delay somewhere or maybe just try and authenticate a couple times on the unsuccessful step and hope that the 3rd time is a charm.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Please add the Authentication step before attempting the Upload. If 4.0 are allowing you to perform the upload without first authenticating that may be a defect in 4.0.

I had that, in fact it works just not all the time. It is some sort of timeout issue on the network side. I was just wondering if there was something I could tweak on the CRS Side. What I did to "fix" the issue was to add the authenticate step at the beginning and try 3 times so it would fail right off the bat if it was not going to work. The user just got frustrated after recording the way they liked it and then it failed. This way it either fails right away or passes and moves on to the recording and uploading step.

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is this same as letting the user to record the prompt on the fly/real time and then uploading to script repository.

If yes, can you please attach the script, or send me the URL where I can get it.

Thanks

Yes, first I had to rename all my wav files to numbers.wav like 1000.wav 1002.wav etc and gave the user the call flow so they knew which prompts correlated with which numbers. This script may be overly complicated but in essence it prompts a user for a number file name in which you press example 1000 and it plays back you are about to record 1000.wav. Record and it saves first to local \recordedprompts folder then it uploads to repository. Then it gives me a couple options to playback, re-record, etc...

You have to edit the script regardless and put a username and password in a couple variables in the script with a user/pass that is a valid ipcc administrator as well as modify it to your appropriate language folder in one of the upload steps.

Hope that helps