Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1242AG workgroup bridge not passing traffic to/from Ethernet devices

skuttlefish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong discussion/forum thread.

I have a Aironet 1242AG Wireless Access Point configured in Workgroup Bridge mode. The Access Point associates successfully using WPA-PSK to the existing SSID that we have here. I am able to ping the Access Point's IP address (BVI1) consistently.

However, anything I connect to the FastEthernet port on the Access Point is not accessible from the main network (across the wireless workgroup bridge). I can consistently ping the Ethernet attached device from the CLI on the Access Point itself, but from anything else I get intermittent responses - sometimes nothing at all.

Interestingly, if I either enable or disable infrastructure-client on the Dot11Radio0 interface I get a brief burst of traffic (I'm running a continuous ICMP ping) then it goes dead again.

My intuition says something to do with ARP, but I've tried a number of ARP-related configurations and had no joy.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

TIA,

Regards,

2 Replies 2

skuttlefish
Level 1
Level 1

No ideas?

curtkinetix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If my memory serves me right, for workgroup bridges you will need to add in the MAC address for each Ethernet device in MAC control list so these can pass traffic through the bridge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card