cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt pilot vs. alerting name

tprochazka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I cannot find some easy way how to solve this problem. We have hunt pilot and under him five DNs. But when you call hunt pilot number from CCM internal number, you see first member of line group (within this hunt pilot) alerting name on your display. But in hunt pilot options there is no possibility to adjust alerting name for this hunt pilot. I would like to see people calling this internal call on hunt pilot number to see name "branch office group" instead of name of first member of this group. Do you know how to adjust it? thanks in advance

13 Replies 13

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I guess the easiest way to do this is by creating a CTI route point which forwards onto the hunt pilot.

Create a DN for the CTI route point with a CFwdAll configuring pointing to the hunt pilot. Make sure you configure the alerting name on the CTI DN and you should notice this name ("branch office group") shows up on the phones?

Please rate useful posts..

Hi, thank you for advice, firstly it seemed to be logical, but if I do it in this way, It helps for phones, which are in line group under hunt pilot (they can see, that somebody is calling him over hunt pilot number), but it doesnt help me - if Im calling to this hunt pilot number - because CTI route point redirects to hunt pilot and hunt pilot still gives me alerting name of first phone in group. BTW if you redirect for example number 1000 to number 2000 and you dial 1000 from your DN 3000, you will see on your display that you call to number 2000, not to 1000.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Further to the good information provided by Tim +5 point for you, and to elaborate a little further:-

Configured a Route Point with the same DN that you have assigned to the hunt-pilot.

You will need to change the hunt-pilot number to another number or assign it to a different partition before configuring the Route Point DN.

Configure the Route Point DN to then CFA to the number that you have assigned to the Hunt-Pilot.

Within the Route Point DN you can then configure the alterting/display name, so that when you dial the Route Point it will display the name.

For example say you assigned your RP 1001 with the Alterting name Accounts, and your Hunt-Pilot is 1000.

When you dial 1001 you will see on the display something like as follows:-

Forwarded For Accounts (1001).

Hope this helps

Allan.

Hey guys, I have a similar issue, with another layer added on top. I'm running CCM 4.13sr7 and Unity 5.0.1. I have a call handler that handles an inbound 800 number and presents a menu. Option 1 on that menu is for a Sales group and the caller input on that sends it to a 'subscriber' that dials the hunt pilot and sends it on down the line group. The members of the line group are complaining that they can't tell the difference between regular calls to their extension and calls from the 'ACD' (what the line group is called internally). I have the calling party mask set to ACD on the hunt pilot and have tried the setup mentioned above. The problem is that since it is coming from Unity, it is considered a transferred call and the alerting name is not used, rather the CLID. Also, the calling party mask ('ACD') only shows for the first person attempted in the line group. For all subsequent attempts, it displays the CLID. Any ideas how to accomplish the Alerting Name or Mask on a transfer situation?

Hi David,

You should still be able to do it the same way. Basically, transfer the call from the voicemail Subscriber (call handler) to the CTI route point DN.

This DN can have a Call Forward All configured to the hunt pilot. Just configure the alerting name on this to whatever you want. All the calls that then pass through it should display the same name (is this how you have it configured already?)..

Yeah, I think that is what I am doing.

800 Call -> Main Handler(Unity) -> option 1 to Sales handler -> Sales handler xfers to RP 4172 -> RP 4172 CFwdAll to 4170(Hunt Pilot).

With this config, the Alerting name does not display, the CLID does. The Calling Party Transform Mask (of the Hunt Pilot) shows on the bottom of the phone display, but only for the first member of the line group.

If I dial 4172 directly, it works like a champ. If I transfer a call to 4172, I get the same results (CLID) as mentioned above.

Any resolution on this? I'm having the same issue but not with Unity. My calls come in directly from an MGCP controlled GW using a PRI. DID -> Translation Pattern -> CTI RP (FWD all) -> Hunt Pilot.

What happens is the phone shows the "Forwarded XXXX Hunt Name" message briefly and then overlays the inbound CLID. If you're not watching you never know the first message happens.

If i block CLID from the translation pattern the the call says "forwared from Private"

If you dial the RP DN directly from an internal phone than it works fine.

Anyone know how to resolve this.

I am having the same issues on CCM 6.1.1.2000-3

When calling the CTI Route Point from an external phone, the Alerting Name lasts for a very brief time on the first IP Phone in the hunt group. Subsequent Hunt List phones show the Alerting Name during the entire ring cycle.

If I call the Route Point from an internal IP phone, the Alerting Name behaves properly on the first Hunt List member phone as well.

This seems like a defect since the behaviour is different for first hunt list member than subsequent members.

Updating to 6.1(3) did NOT fix this problem. I found this in the trace files which sure seems to show the problem.

I have opened a TAC case on this but it is languising. Clearly this is abnormal behaviour. Why would the CallManager change the call forward type after 3/4 second to Inbound?

Why would this work on the second member of a hunt list but not the first?

Watch the trace here. The CallInfo SCCP message is changed in a very minor but significant way. Isn't this telling the phone it NO LONGER needs to show Call Forward Info?

To: callType=1(InBound)

01/15/2009 12:07:51.492 CCM|StationD: (0000242) (2,100,7,252) CallInfo callingPartyName='' callingParty=2145551212 cgpnVoiceMailbox= calledPartyName='' calledParty=1998 cdpnVoiceMailbox= originalCalledPartyName='VoIP Alerting Test' originalCalledParty=4791 originalCdpnVoiceMailbox= originalCdpnRedirectReason=15 lastRedirectingPartyName='VoIP Alerting Test' lastRedirectingParty=4791 lastRedirectingVoiceMailbox= lastRedirectingReason=15 callType=3(Forward) lineInstance=2 callReference=20604149. version: 8560000b|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:10.201.2.10><:1><:10.201.1.50><:><:STATE transition=""><:0020>

01/15/2009 12:07:52.305 CCM|StationD: (0000242) (2,100,7,252) CallInfo callingPartyName='OUTERNET INC ' callingParty=2145551212 cgpnVoiceMailbox= calledPartyName='' calledParty=1998 cdpnVoiceMailbox= originalCalledPartyName='VoIP Alerting Test' originalCalledParty=4791 originalCdpnVoiceMailbox= originalCdpnRedirectReason=15 lastRedirectingPartyName='VoIP Alerting Test' lastRedirectingParty=4791 lastRedirectingVoiceMailbox= lastRedirectingReason=15 callType=1(InBound) lineInstance=2 callReference=20604149. version: 8560000b|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:10.201.2.10><:1><:10.201.1.50><:><:STATE transition=""><:0020>

This turned out to be caused by the way CallerName was delivered on the ISDN PRI.

+0.0s Receive ISDN Q.931 Setup Message

+0.5s Receive ISDN Q.931 Facility Message

Behaviour is that the Alerting Name from the Fwd DN would show on the IP phone, then disappear. (second phone in a Hunt List would display Fwd Alerting name during full ring cycle).

Note if the incoming call does NOT send a Q.931 Facility Message (after the Setup), then the IP Phone (or first phone in Hunt List) shows the Fwd Alerting Name for the full ring cycle.

Turning off the "Caller Name" from the Service Provider was their only option. This is very undesireable.

NEWSFLASH: This problem has been resolved by changing a Service Parameter.

CCM > Retain Forward Information

After changing the Service Parameter > CCM > Retain Forward Information to True, both lines in the Hunt List show the Forwarding Alerting Name.

This was also tested without a Hunt Group (forward a DN directly to a line).

This has the added advantage of continuing to display the Fowarded DN Alerting Name after the call is connected. This is HIGHLY desireable.

I am having the same problem as David.

Main Phone Number-> Main Handler(Unity) -> option to handler -> option to handler #2 ->handler #2 xfers to RP 7598 -> RP 7598 CFwdAll to 7520(Hunt Pilot).

Dialing the RP directly works fine. Routing through the handler reports the original CLID

We were just looking for a way to distinguish whether the line is being dialed directly or through the hunt. (Different ringtone, CLID, anything)

I am trying to resolve the same issue below, was there ever a resolution?

Main Phone Number-> Main Handler(Unity) -> option to handler -> option to handler #2 ->handler #2 xfers to RP 7598 -> RP 7598 CFwdAll to 7520(Hunt Pilot).

Dialing the RP directly works fine. Routing through the handler reports the original CLID

We were just looking for a way to distinguish whether the line is being dialed directly or through the hunt. (Different ringtone, CLID, anything)

UNFORTUNATELY NO. I was never able to get it to work, and all of the forum workarounds were of no help.

sorry. I guess this is just not possible.