How to configure separate SSID Guest on HREAP concept

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2008

Hi

I am already using SSID Office with HREAP concept with WLC kept at Main DC and APs at remote Location . We have tested that all WiFi Client get IP Address from Local DHCP Server of Remote Side.

Now What the Client also wants to Configure SSID for Guest on this HREAP.

I am confuse since Already AP are in VLAN(Office) through which the Local DHCP Server Release the IP Add for WIFI Client at Remoete Sides . Now How will I Create Separate Vlan for Guest as AP are already in Vlan (Office) at all Remote Location

I hope u understood my issue . Can It be done centrally . we also tried same but fail because all APs have AP mode as HREAP .

pls suggest any solution on same

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jeff.kish Tue, 10/21/2008 - 10:21

Hi Sachin,

You can certainly do this. The trick is going to be to configure your switch's switchport as a trunked interface. When an HREAP access point has multiple SSIDs, it will require a trunk link to pass all the different VLANs.

Use the WLC to create the new SSID, and it will be passed to your HREAP access point. Then log into the switch to which the AP connects and configure the switchport for trunk.

sachin.sg Tue, 10/21/2008 - 23:04

Hi Thanks

Can U be specific ..

I have My WLC on Core Sw At Different Location and at other Location I have my AP connected to Remoter Location Core ...The Connectivity between Both core is L3 .

If I made the Trunk for AP port How it will communicate , since I am creating On WLC WLAN with Different SSID ...'

Pls guide on this

Regrds

Sachin R G

Actions

This Discussion