cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Smart Call Home

mdcarey15
Level 1
Level 1

We have multiple 65xx's that I'd like to setup for Smart Call Home. All the 65xx's have private IP's on the loopback interfaces, so I installed the CTG software on a machine with a public address.

So do I configure all the devices to point to the CTG server as the mail gateway, then point the CTG to our mail server? I'm confused about the setup here because one of the docs states "The Transport Gateway retrieves Call Home messages from the mailbox that receives generated Call Home messages from configured Call Home devices(s)." WHAT??

That sounds like the 65xx's send messages to a mailbox you setup, then the CTG grabs those messages and forwards them onto Cisco?

1 Reply 1

mdcarey15
Level 1
Level 1

That is the setup, indeed. But it does work.

Other issue I found was that the documentation for the AAA commands you need to allow doesn't include the enable command, but it seems the script behind "call-home send alert-group inventory profile XXX" tries to execute 'enable'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: