cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS not showing AP type or antenna choices

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

When I look at the config for some of my AP's they are showing under the Inventory Information AP Type Unknown. Also, when I go the radio interface for b/g and try to change the external antenna from Other to the 5959 antenna, there is no antenna's listed at all.

I looked at other AP's that are working and they show AP Type as LWAPP and have all the antenna choices listed as well.

The WLC version is 4.2.112 and the WCS version is 4.2.81.

I found this problem after changing some of the AP's to manually set the channel assignment. I then went to look at the heat map for all the AP's in one building and nothing shows up, just the AP's with no color heat map. I did reset the AP's with no change.

Thanx, Seth

7 Replies 7

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

Heat maps are not generated in WCS 4.0 version. The workaround and conditions for This similar issue has been given in the bug ID “CSCse83815”.

If they are not generated, then how am I getting them for most of my network?

Seth

Well, it is now working. The problem believe it or not was the sup module in the core switch was failing. Once that was replaced, the heat maps worked correctly.

Seth,

What error messages and/or debug messages were you seeing? I think I may have the same issue

Thanks,

Eric

Was not seeing any error messages. I was just not able to get the heat map to generate. Also, I could not choose the correct antenna that was connected to the AP because the AP type was showing up wrong.

Seth,

Have you found a fix yet? My issue turned out to be someone playing with the ether-channel load-balancing type on the 6500s..

Yes, we had to replace the bad sup module in the 6509. It had been causing problems for a while, this was just another problem caused by the bad sup.

Seth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: