Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS devices config management

edy-khalife
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i implemented LMS 2.6. I need to configure devices configuration management:Scheduled backup, ...Please can you help about steps on LMS and CLI commands on Routers to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance,

Edy

21 Replies 21

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scheduled Backup has nothing to do with device configuration management. A scheduled backup backs up the LMS data from all applications. Do you want to configure this, or do you want to setup RME to periodically archive the configurations from your devices?

please i want to setup RME to periodically archive the configurations from my devices.

Go to RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Collection Settings, and enable both the polling and the collection jobs. Then, schedule each job type to run when you want. The recommendation is to run periodic polling jobs daily, and periodic collection jobs weekly.

and nothing should be enabled on the routers and switches ? (rcp, cdp,...?)

CDP, tftp or SCP or RCP, telnet or SSH, SNMP RO and RW communities. A local username and password/enable password or external authentication, authororization, and accounting (aaa) with level 15 access (such as CiscoSecure ACS or TACACS).

thanks i started see things. but can you help with the CLI command on ASA and Content Switch?

What configuration tasks do you need to perform on these device types?

Hi,

i need to access ASA and CSS11503 config from LMS. As well back it up.

I assume you already have telnet and/or SSH configured on these devices, then. To configure SNMP on the ASA, follow these steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa71/system/message/logconf.html#wp1042030

To configure SNMP on the CSS, follow these steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/v8.10/configuration/administration/guide/SNMP.html#wp1015685

Then, you just need to configure your devices' SNMP community strings and telnet/SSH credentials in Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. SNMP and telnet/SSH are sufficient to manage these two device types.

Hi,

i enabled scp and ssh from LMS.i am still having the following errors while retreiving the config file. please advise.

1. Firewall2 PRIMARY RUNNING Oct 24 2008 04:20:49 CM0056 Config fetch failed for Firewall 2 Cause: CM0204 Could not create

DeviceContext for 17 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation for 10.160.149.4 Cause: UNKNOWN Action:

Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device

package is installed.

2. Firewall1 PRIMARY RUNNING Oct 24 2008 04:20:53 CM0056 Config fetch failed for Firewall1 Cause: CM0204 Could not create

DeviceContext for 7 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation for 10.160.149.2 Cause: UNKNOWN Action:

Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device

package is installed.

3. Intrusion Prevention PRIMARY RUNNING Oct 24 2008 04:20:49 CM0056 Config fetch failed for Intrusion Prevention Cause:

CM0204 Could not create DeviceContext for 15 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation for 10.180.1.254

Cause: UNKNOWN Action: Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by

device and required device package is installed.

This indicates that you are missing a device package for your devices, or you have an installation problem. What are the sysObjectIDs from these three devices?

how i can check the sysObjectIDs? and how i can get a device package, and install it?

thanks

You can use the SNMP Walk tool in Device Center with the starting OID of "sysObjectID". Device package updates can be downloaded from Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.

one clarification: on the routers and switches in rcp command there is user and passwoerd option.

but in ASA i don't find this option in scp command? can you advise?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco