Helpful
Replies

NAC Appliance and LDAP Lookup

jgary
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two CAM in HA and two CAS in HA.

I configure the LDAP Lookup for create rule to role allocation.

In this configuration are only one windows server to make find the user properties.

There are one problem when this Windows servers is down. There are any configuration to mitigation when the server is not there.

Thank you all.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The LDAP lookup server configs state it uses the LDAP Authentication Provider. The LDAP Authentication Provider says you can have multiple entries in the single field

LDAP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/413/cam/m_auth.html#wp1158614

You can add redundancy for LDAP Authentication servers by entering multiple LDAP URLs in the Server URL field separated by a space, for example:

ldap://ldap1.abc.com ldap://ldap2.abc.com ldap://ldap3.abc.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

flitcraft33
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that in version 4.5.0 you can add more than one LDAP look up server. Of course to get to 4.5.0 you must be running on the "appliance" hardware according to Cisco.

Thank you,

I will review the 4.5 documentation.

The LDAP lookup server configs state it uses the LDAP Authentication Provider. The LDAP Authentication Provider says you can have multiple entries in the single field

LDAP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/413/cam/m_auth.html#wp1158614

You can add redundancy for LDAP Authentication servers by entering multiple LDAP URLs in the Server URL field separated by a space, for example:

ldap://ldap1.abc.com ldap://ldap2.abc.com ldap://ldap3.abc.com

Thank for you answer. For me will usefully this feature and resolve the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card