UCCX 5.0.2 - Custom Variables

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2008
User Badges:

I've seen a few posts on how to implement Custom Variables, but I'm still unable to get this working. I've defined a session variable called 'currentSession', and I use a 'Get Contact Info' step to populate this variable. Later in the script, I use a 'Set Session Info' step. I set the session to my 'currentSession' variable. Under the 'context' tab, I use an attribute named '_ccdrVar1' and give it a value of a string variable that I defined earlier in the script. One question I have....does the _ccdrVar1 variable need to be defined in my script as a string variable or is it "special" and no definition is necessary? I've tested both scenarios and still can't get it to populate a value. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
owillins Thu, 10/30/2008 - 12:25
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

In the script, create a String variable that uses the CSQ name as its value. Then, in the Select Resource step properties, you can select a Routing Target Type of 'Contact Service Queue', and set the CSQ Target to be the variable you created.

Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 10/30/2008 - 18:16
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

It may help for you to describe what you are attempting to achieve with the custom variables. More specifically: are you referring to session management (passing variables from one script to another) here or enterprise data (displaying variables in CAD or storing in historical reporting)?

I have explained enterprise data in a previous post which may be worth reading: http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&topicID=.ee6fe12&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc1c7b2

Please elaborate further if this doesn't help...

Actions

This Discussion