cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0.2 - Custom Variables

zpadilla
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen a few posts on how to implement Custom Variables, but I'm still unable to get this working. I've defined a session variable called 'currentSession', and I use a 'Get Contact Info' step to populate this variable. Later in the script, I use a 'Set Session Info' step. I set the session to my 'currentSession' variable. Under the 'context' tab, I use an attribute named '_ccdrVar1' and give it a value of a string variable that I defined earlier in the script. One question I have....does the _ccdrVar1 variable need to be defined in my script as a string variable or is it "special" and no definition is necessary? I've tested both scenarios and still can't get it to populate a value. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

In the script, create a String variable that uses the CSQ name as its value. Then, in the Select Resource step properties, you can select a Routing Target Type of 'Contact Service Queue', and set the CSQ Target to be the variable you created.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It may help for you to describe what you are attempting to achieve with the custom variables. More specifically: are you referring to session management (passing variables from one script to another) here or enterprise data (displaying variables in CAD or storing in historical reporting)?

I have explained enterprise data in a previous post which may be worth reading: http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&topicID=.ee6fe12&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc1c7b2

Please elaborate further if this doesn't help...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: