cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging off Extension Mobility users for CallManager upgrade

glenncarter
Level 1
Level 1

The vast majority of our users are Extension Mobility users with no forced logout time. i.e. Once they log on they stay logged on until they log out themselves.

Prior to doing a CallManager upgrade this weekend i want to log all extension mobility users off the phones.

I am planning to do this by setting the Extension Mobility clusterwide parameter "Enforce Maximum Login Time" to true and set "Maximum Login Time" to say 1 hour.

What i am wondering is if a user has been logged on for say 3 months how does CallManager handle the forced logout process?

Will it immediatley detect the user has been logged on for more than the "Maximum Login Time" and log them out straight away?

Or will it wait for the 1 hour after i set "Enforce Maximum Login Time" to true before logging them out?

What i really, really want to make sure is that for some strange reason it does not only apply to users who log on AFTER the parameter has been configured for forced logout. Not logical but you never know huh!!!

Is there another way to logout all extension mobility users at once? Too many to do it manually.

Cheers!!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the parameter only takes effect for users that log in AFTER you configured it. if a user has been logged in 3 months it won't work.

there have been several posts here, one claimed that restarting tomcat did the trick but i did it on my lab and no avail (though it makes sense it wouldn't work since tomcat is not used other than during the login or logout process), i was able to logout several profiles by a CUCM restart (only 1 server in that cluster)

back in tac a guy did a script and he sent the logout url to CUCM to do this since he already had the device names in a file. i know it worked but i couldn't get my hands on the script he had on his linux box from where he did it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java, is this the tool you were talking about:

AXL Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) API can do specific actions against the CCM database.

More information here, docs for other CCM versions are available:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/devguide/6_0_1/ccmdvCh3.html

You can download the tool from here (you'll need a valid CCO account:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

i'm not sure what kind of tool this guy was using (the case was to ask about performance since he was going to logout about 3000 profiles and wanted to know how many at a time he could logout) so we ended up having the math about a logout request every .4 seconds

all i could get from him was that this was a script he made that sent the logout request using the device names he already had from a file as the input and he was sending this request from a linux server. this was on CUCM 4.1(3) but i could never get my hands on the script hehe. but he told me it worked just fine tuning the timing for .4 and got no performance issues while doing this

but the script was something he wrote by himself, not a tool he downloaded

HTH

java

HTH

java