Views
Helpful
Replies

WIRELEESS ISSUE

vaibhav-g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

1. how can we use all the six antennas of a Cisco 1252 Access point? (we are able to use 2.4Ghz radios but not 5GHz )

2. Any configuration required in WLC or access point to have 300 Mbps downlink/uplink to a wireless client?

3. Which wireless adapters (like intel) in laptops will support the 802.11n - 300 Mbps downlink/uplink?

plse let me know the solution.

Regards

Vaibhav

5 Replies 5

dbentley
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running LWAPP?

if so,

1. You need to be running 4.2.130 on WLC

a. AC power, injector or switch?

1) switch has to be a 3560E running Version 12.2(44)SE

2. Yes quite a bit. Mostly every thing have to be manually configured. I will dig up my notes for you if you want them.

3. I was using the a Dell D830 with Intel 4965 wireless card

I was able to get a 300M link. The max I could transmit was 67M. Well it might not be 300 but it was 3 times as fast as A alone.

vaibhav-g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

could you provide relevant document for all these things.

so we can configure the same.

Regards

Vaibhav

Hi,

Here are the answers for your queries please go through and revert

1.Are you running LWAPP?

A: We are running LWAPP

2. You need to be running 4.2.130 on WLC

A: we are running 5.0.148.0 on WLC

3. AC power, injector or switch?

A: we are using AC Power Injector.

For your information we have deployed the wire less network and the configuration has been done, wire less clients are able to access the resources with wireless network.

LAP has got total 6no.s of Radios, out of which 3 no.s of 2.4GHz and other 3no.s of 5GHz , WLC was configured county code as a 'IN'( India), at the moment we are able to use only 2.4 GHz radio in the LAP with 802.11n standard supported wireless adapter (Laptop)

The customer requirement is that, is there any possibility to use even 5GHz radios also in the access point, so that they can Improve wireless network performance if it is not possible kindly let us know the reason.

And also please clear the following queries.

1. Any configuration required in WLC or access point to have 300 Mbps downlink/uplink to a wireless client?

2. Which wireless adapters (like intel) in laptops will support the 802.11n - 300 Mbps downlink/uplink?

Please revert for further clarification.

Hi

Could you provide me your E-mail ID so i acn interact directly with you.

plse provide solution for this problem.

i have mentioned each and every detail.

Regards

Vaibhav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card