cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 526 Guest Access DHCP Problem

trubor187
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup a WLC526 with two WLANs, one for the internal network and one for guest access.

I have the internal corporate network WLAN configured with RADIUS and all worked fine.

All users get IP addresses from the DHCP server and can access network resources.

For this internal network i used PORT1 of the WLC.

After that i plug a router (lan connection with configured dhcp server - linksys) into the PORT1 of the WLC with a different IP Range.

I can create the GUEST WLAN and SSIDs with Guest Users. Machines can connect to the WLAN, but they get no IP from DHCP Linksys and no internet access.

And it is not possible to ping the linksys router from the WLC 526 console.

Where is the Mind bug?

7 Replies 7

mgessner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

I'm just trying to make my first steps with the wlc526. Which radius-server did you use?

Thank you!

VLANS configured?

Well. You say you plugged the linksys directly into port 1. To do that you had to unplug your working network. You need to use a layer 3 switch, vlans configured and trunked for each network. Make sure you have the management interface and any dynamic interfaces for the SSIDs configured with appropriate addresses for each interface (interface, gateway, and dhcp scope for each network) in place. If you still can not get an address from the linksys then you will need to turn off the dhcp proxy on the controller. From the cli it is "config dhcp proxy disable" I think. This will allow client to go straight to the linksys for dhcp and not use the virtual interface for proxy. If this doesn't make sense look at the configuration guide for a 2106 as the code is basically the same for the 526 and much better documented.

I configured the VLAN to PORT 1 with the Cisco Configuration Assistant. I have no switch between the PORT 1 (Linksys) and the WLC 526. I attached a drawing of my configuration.

I use the Windows IAS

I don't think your linksys is going to do what you want it to do my friend.

Please push me in the right direction! Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card