cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS RME Syslog Report

bdiouf99
Level 1
Level 1

customer wants to see the syslog of access-list on a route, I used RME syslog Report but I get only the syslog of October 15th !! it does not have a means to select him the date? I want to have the syslog of June for example ??

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming that the RME database still has those old messages (typically, messages are purged from the database every seven days. However, when you run a syslog report under RME > Reports > Report Generator > Syslog > Syslog Standard Report, you need to uncheck the "24 hours" box, then you will be able to select a date range.

but where are on October 22nd, why I had only the results of October 15th?

You may not have had messages processed since the 15. There may also be a problem with either the SyslogCollector or SyslogAnalyzer processes. You will first need to check the syslog message log on the LMS server to verify messages have arrived on the server since 10/15. Then, go to RME > Tools > Syslog > Syslog Collector Status to make sure the Collector is still registered with the Analyzer.

can i to find the syslog of the month June on the disc of the LMS server? if it's possible, which is the direction ?

thanks clarke.

If the messages from June are still in the RME database, then you can use the procedure I provided in an earlier post to run a report, and see those messages. If those messages have been purged from the RME database, then you will have to manually search through your syslog message file, or any backup log files to locate the old messages.

hi clarke,

when i go to verify Syslog collector, i have this error :

"SLCA0132: Collector Status is currently not available.

Check whether the SyslogAnalyzer process is running normally."

After the verefication, the process status is normal (SyslogAnalyzer and SyslogCollector).

Server LMS dont receive any syslog message..what is the problem ??

Please post the output of the pdshow command as well as the output of netstat -a -n -o -b.

hi clarke,

when i go to verify Syslog collector, i have this error :

"SLCA0132: Collector Status is currently not available.

Check whether the SyslogAnalyzer process is running normally."

After the verefication, the process status is normal (SyslogAnalyzer and SyslogCollector).

Server LMS dont receive any syslog message..what is the problem ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: