CCIE R&S

Unanswered Question
Oct 22nd, 2008

guys as we know that we have BB router sin lab.....do we have acces to config BB routers if needed??? secondly in lab exam do we get terminal server to access to all devices.....just wanna know will i be able to see the rack or all i will get a ethernet cable......secondly can i take my laptop to the exam as i am more comfortable on that....and last one is exam has swicthing, IGP's and BGP how many diagrams we get in lab exam is it one or it it different for BGP and IGP's ....thanks guys for looking

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jcrussell Wed, 10/22/2008 - 04:49

1. No, you cannot access the BB routers.

2. I believe you will have a link on the desktop to the console of each device that you are supposed to configure.

3. Of course you cannot take anything in to the lab with you. Otherwise, you could bring in a laptop with all kinds of documents, "practice" labs, etc.

4. You will get several diagrams. Cisco says "the lab document has L1/L2 diagrams for the physical connectivity as well as an IP or topology diagram and an IP Routing diagram".

jrensink78 Wed, 10/22/2008 - 06:24

Just to clarify on #2. You have 2 options to connect to the rack devices through the Access server.

You can either connect to the Access server itself, and then reverse telnet to each device in the same window. Or there are links on the desktop to open a session to each device in its own window.

Depending on your test facility, the equipment rack might be right next to you, or it may not even be in the same room. Regardless, you cannot physically interact with it. Everything is done through the access server.

srue Fri, 10/24/2008 - 10:50

in both RTP and SJ, the racks are in the same room. like a previous poster said, you won't actually be able to go look at them or anything - nor should you need to...hopefully.

Actions

This Discussion