Views
Helpful
Replies

meetme conference with unity connection as conference bridge

mohamedrishin
Level 1
Level 1

hi everybody

i have a CMBE6. i need to configure meetme with unity connection as conference bridge, means when users logs in to the conference his/her name should be read. is it possible?

can anyone give me an idea regarding this?

thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

on CUC 1111 will have a call routing rule to go to CH1 set to send to greeting, the greeting on CH1 can be something like "press 1 to join meeting" (CH = call handler to avoid writing it down)

CH1 will have caller input 1 set to attempt transfer to CH2

CH2 will have transfer options set to "yes, ring subscriber at this extension" = 123 along with supervised transfer, announce and ask caller's name

i think it's the same but i just want to express it this way to avoid confusions =)

notice the options used are first "send to greeting" for routing rule and "attempt transfer" for CH1. this are very important for this to work

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

I don't think that's possible, you need to have the meetme up and running before you attempt the transfer or it will fail. Just as you cannot put someone on hold if they dial the meetme before it starts.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, this can be done.

you need to configure a meet-me DN in CUCM

ie 3000

then configure a pilot point with CFA to VM.

on CUC receive that with a system call handler and configure caller input on it (probably configure a call routing rule)

then another call handler to transfer the call to the meetme DN.

so, on handler 1 with caller input configure attempt transfer to call handler 2

on call handler 2 configure transfer options to ring subscriber at this extension (meetme DN) and configure it as a supervised transfer and configure the call announce and to ask the name.

so the call flow would be that someone calls the pilot, presses let's say 1, it will ask them for their name. on the meetme CUC will dial and announce that "John Doe" would like to talk to them and they get to choose to take or deny the call.

hope that's clear enough ;)

HTH

java

HTH

java

thanks very much, if it works i ll rate this upto 10.0 :)

but i have a doubt, how can we relate the meetme no and pilot(should it be route point or what) since the users have to press pilot as u mentioned in earlier post

ok. there are two ways on which you can configure this. usually it's configuring this as a caller input so users don't know the number as i explained in the example.

all they need to do is dial the pilot number which CFA all to VM and the rest of the process is transparent to them. they just press one option and they will join the meet me DN.

the other option is to configure the caller input from call handler 1 to send them to a call system transfer on which they would need to dial the meet me DN. it needs to be a call system transfer because otherwise you would need to configure a contact for the meet-me DN (or you can configure it as a contact if you like to)

it really depends on whether you want users to know the meet-me DN or just have them dial 1 number to reach the meet-me DN. both ways work, but usually for security most guys do not tell them the meet-me DN and just have users press 1 digit to join.

in my example you can have meet-me DN as 3000 but you tell users to dial 4000 as the cti route point . they don't have to be related at all since CUC is the one that really needs to know the meetme DN to dial.

HTH

java

HTH

java

thanks once more

i ll go with users pressing route point

now i have done as like this in our lab for testing

123---meetme number

1111--route point with CFA to VM

2 system CH---meetme for caller input ' * ' and meetme1 for transfer to 1111 asking for callers name

do u have any corrections or missing steps?

on CUC 1111 will have a call routing rule to go to CH1 set to send to greeting, the greeting on CH1 can be something like "press 1 to join meeting" (CH = call handler to avoid writing it down)

CH1 will have caller input 1 set to attempt transfer to CH2

CH2 will have transfer options set to "yes, ring subscriber at this extension" = 123 along with supervised transfer, announce and ask caller's name

i think it's the same but i just want to express it this way to avoid confusions =)

notice the options used are first "send to greeting" for routing rule and "attempt transfer" for CH1. this are very important for this to work

HTH

java

HTH

java

this really helped..

thanks

a very small doubt forward or direct, it is direct right?

thanks,

actually i opened a case in tac and he was not knowin this

really thanks for this

hahaha, lately i've heard that many TAC cases have ended being resolved at NetPro. really shouldn't be this way but well...

to be honest i still have doubts on how CUC 2.x handles the calls, theoretically it should be a forwarded call (because of the CFA to VM) but in some cases the rule won't work and i had to create a direct rule for this to work.

just give it a try with a direct call rule and if no avail try a FW rule hehe

HTH

java

HTH

java

no it should be forward rule ... got it ???

anyways i ll be tryin this some days later

thanks for this

hi

thanks for the help. i implemented it yesterday and it was workin perfect.

can we give in unity connection like any multiple digits to be inputted instead of this single digit caller input?

yes, but that requires you to use a call system transfer if not a subscriber or a contact. only the call system transfer allows you to dial numbers that are not within CUC

HTH

java

HTH

java

Side question on this thread:

To start a meetme, doesn't the first caller have to go though the softkey MeetMe, then dial the assigned DN? Or is there a way to make dialed digits also setup the new conference?

1st user has to press meetme softkey and dial DN, subsequent users only dial DN

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thought so, thanks much!

Been following this thread, and got it working, but I have 2 questions

1)How can I stop people ringing the meet me number directly? Ideally allow the conference organiser when selects meet me to start the conference,  then the CUC connect to the conference, but nobody able to call directly into the conference, can partitions,CSS fix this cant see how at the moment.

2) if the person trying to call the conference after annnoucing their name  is rejected, option 2 says about leaving a VM, I would like if rejected just forced to hang up the call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: